This position is located at Busch Stadium, home of 11-time World Series Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals! Delaware North Sportservice has been the premier provider of food service and merchandise for over 45 years. Whether it's the excitement of opening day at the ballpark or the glitter of a full blown gala, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining wherever people gather for sports, recreation or special events.The Opportunity
Job Title: Food & Beverage Vendor
Job Code(s): 3502
Job Family: Concessions
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: St. Louis Baseball
Reports to: Vending Manager
Pay Range: Commission
Shift/Hours Required: All Cardinal Home Games
Age Requirement (if applic): 16 years old (21 to sell alcohol)
Sell beer and/or other food & beverage products to guests throughout venue, in accordance with Company s alcohol service policies, GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Circulates among guests within assigned section; calls out and sells alcohol and/or other food & beverage products, while adhering to all guest service requirements and alcohol service regulations.
Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Hands or passes items sold to guests, receives payment, and makes required change.
- Checks out items to replenish stock, turns in money for sales.
- Supplies one s own money for bank to use for guests change
- Stocks items assigned
- Able to work hours that vary according to the event
- Rotates to other areas as needed
- Reports to work for scheduled events on a timely basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Previous bartending or vending experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred
- Must have a valid license or be willing to obtain one (if applicable)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment alcohol service training
- Must possess high level of self confidence, with ability to aggressively sell assigned items
- Must possess a cooperative work attitude
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to communicate with guests and respond to inquiries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors instructions.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be self-motivated
- Maintains good personal hygiene in a clean and complete uniform
- Frequent walking throughout venue for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently for entire length of shift
- Ability to maintain one s balance
- Ability to lift and carry up to 90 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to raise and project voice to market and sell product, for entire length of shift
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
- May be required to work in elevated areas
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
- May be required to work overtime on short notice
*All positions require you to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: barista, bartender, beverage, brewtender, cocktail, drink, liquor, mixologist, shots, wine
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.stlouisrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/436231397/food-beverage-vendor-busch-stadium!