The Job Jobber
Salary: $130,000 - $160,000
Our client is a well funded private growing company. They are a business/consumer services based software play with an awesome culture. They are looking for an experienced, hands-on Site Reliability Engineer to lead a small infrastructure engineering team. They are looking to up their game by designing, building and operating high-performance and highly-available systems.
Site Reliability Engineers play a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to support the engineers who are building software. Their production systems are hosted in AWS datacenters running a large Ruby on Rails web application and a handful of smaller services in Ruby, Node.js, and Java. They deploy 3-5 times a day. Please have vision and well-informed opinions about how to build infrastructure for a high-growth, technology-driven company.
Technologies being used are:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, ElastiCache) and Ubuntu Linux
- Postgres, Redis, Memcached, ElasticSearch
- Chef, ServerSpec, Terraform, NewRelic, DataDog, Sumo Logic and Test Kitchen
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure
- Actively manage the backlog and work closely with others on the team to provide coaching and mentorship
- Help increase developer productivity and get to true continuous delivery
- Develop operational and security standards and champion operational excellence and secure coding practices
- Partner with engineering teams closely to educate and consult
- Participate in solution design for new features, products, systems and tooling
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Continually monitor application/system performance and costs, generate actionable insights and either implement or advocate for them
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Eliminate repetitive manual tasks and recurring errors
- Ensure they are always employing best-of-breed tooling for all infrastructure and automation needs
- Collaboratively plot course for the maturing and growth of their infrastructure
- Participate (and sometimes run point) in handling production incidents
- Work closely with engineering teams to conduct root cause analysis for production incidents, and evolve infrastructure and tooling.
- Work well in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment
- Enjoy building tooling and infrastructure to help developers be more productive
- Love eliminating repetitive manual tasks through automation
- Have solid Unix command line and systems chops
- Have experience with substantial, distributed SaaS or eCommerce systems
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.bostonrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/434565687/lead-site-reliability-engineer!