There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Davenport
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Systems - 31287
As a Facilities Engineer-Mechanical Systems, for John Deere's Construction & Forestry Division (Davenport Works), you will perform project engineering work for facility processes, infrastructure, production processes and equipment. In addition, you will:
- Perform coordination of outside and inside multi-discipline engineering and contractor personnel for project design and construction activities.
- Provide decision making that has a direct effect on the outcome of the project.
- Maintain close budget cost control of the projects. Budget control from budget creation, through the project closeout.
- Solicit competitive quotations and work closely with Supply Management on the quoting process.
- Write and submit AFE's and purchase order requisitions for management approval.
- Provide construction oversight for contractor adherence to OSHA safety standards, factory specific safety standards and local/national building codes and regulations.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 4 or more years of experience in project management of projects related to the Industrial & Facilities environment, including: projects of medium to large scope that required a solid mechanical engineering understanding.
- Skill in AutoCad, computer aided design and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of local/national building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements for the factory and OSHA requirements for contractors.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Background in Engineering (Mechanical/Structural).
- Knowledge of product, process and facilities design.
- Knowledge and experience with Air Handling Systems, Chiller Systems, Boiler Systems, Cooling Towers, Fire Protection Sprinkler Systems, Compressed Air Systems. Experience with non-mobile material handling systems (cranes, jibs, monorails, conveyors).
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals.
- Knowledge of contract management and Indirect Materials & Systems Supply Management.
- Work experience with a UAW workforce.
- Work experience in project management and business planning of large strategic projects that are complex or projects that involve sensitive topics.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: automotive, boiler, mechanical, mechanical engineer, mechanic, mechanism, msme, naval, powertrain, turbine
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.davenportrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/434565613/facilities-engineer-mechanical-systems!