This position is located at Busch Stadium, home of 11-time World Series Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals! Delaware North Sportservice has been the premier provider of food service and merchandise for over 45 years. Whether it's the excitement of opening day at the ballpark or the glitter of a full blown gala, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining wherever people gather for sports, recreation or special events.The Opportunity
Job Title: Luxury Suites Cook
Job Code(s): 1441
Job Family: Luxury Suites, Cardinal Club and/or Champions Club
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: St. Louis Baseball
Reports to: Luxury Suites Chef/Manager
Pay Range: $10.00 per hour
Shift/Hours Required: All Cardinal Home Games
Age Requirement (if applic): 18 years Old
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
Reviews assigned station, checks stock, and replenishes to meet par levels
Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
Packages all products to proper specifications
Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Rotates to other areas when needed
- Reports to work scheduled evens on a timely basis
Performs other duties assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Basic culinary fundamentals of hot and cold foods
- Maintains good personal hygiene in a clean and complete uniform
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
Standing and walking for entire length of shift
Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- May be required to work overtime on short notice
*All positions require you to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: appetizer, cocinero de la preparacion, cocinero de produccion, complimentary, diner, kitchen, line cook, restaurant assistant cook, steakhouse, stove
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.stlouisrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/434565595/luxury-suites-cook-busch-stadium!