- The intern will begin to learn from shadowing and completing tasks as requested by the Travel Agents in the branch. A pamphlet will be given to the intern including reading on the main components of the Travel Agency and outlining the expectations.
Month 1- Learn the Basics of the AAA Travel Agency
o Policies, Procedures and Forms will all be learned by reviewing the AAA East Central Intranet with the Manager or an available Travel Agent.
o As the intern shadows and receives instruction from the Travel Agents they will become familiar with building the client file, processing payments and communications with vendor for special requests etc.
o Month 1 expectations: The intern should have a basic understanding of policies/procedures, be familiar with travel forms, build client files, make payments and be familiar with vendors.
Month 2- Learn How to Utilize Cruise and Tour Booking Engines/ Create Apollo Invoices
o The reading on Cruise and Tour in the pamphlet should be complete the first week of Month 2 .
o The intern will work on vendor websites as requested by Travel Agents performing small tasks until the Travel Agents are confident in the intern s abilities.
o As the intern continues to shadow the Travel Agents, he/she will become familiar with and start to invoice cruise & tour bookings under the Travel Agent's supervision.
o Month 2 expectations: The intern should be utilizing all components learned in Month 1 along with utilizing vendor websites and invoicing cruise and tour in Apollo.
Month 3- Work on Air, Car and Hotel Reservations in Apollo
o The reading on Air, Car and Hotel should be complete the first week of, Month 3 .
o The intern will work with the Travel Agents assigning seats for air reservations, making requests, cancelling car and hotel reservations. Depending on the intern's progress possibly even confirming air, car or hotel reservations in Apollo.
o Month 3 expectations: The intern should be continuing to utilize the skills learned in the previous months along with working on possibly confirming Apollo on air, car and hotel reservations.
Month 4- Fully Assist the Travel Agents
o Month 4 expectations: The intern should be able to perform most duties required by a Travel Agent learned in the first 3 months. Including but not limited to, working with members and/or the Travel Agent in order to confirm bookings, fulfill special requests, process payments, invoice and build files.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills
- Must possess general math aptitude
- Experience with airline reservation systems and/or travel school preferred
- Ability to enter data on automated computer system with speed and accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- The selected candidate should be available to work within the posted hours
- The selected candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
Associated topics: cruise, hotel, resort, room reservation, ticket, tour, tourism, travel agent, vacation
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.clevelandrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/434565421/travel-agency-intern-lyndhurst-oh-part-time!