Posted Under: Seattle, Washington jobs in Legal; Legal jobs in zipcode 98101
Posted On: 2017-08-11 18:00:00
POSITION SUMMARY The Legal Coordinator/Paralegal is a highly motivated, independent problem-solver that will become an integral team member to a dynamic legal department. The position supports the Saltchuk legal, risk management and government affairs departments. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Legal Services
- Prepare initial drafts and provide initial legal review of NDA's, vendor contracts, shared services agreements and other agreements, as well as applications, affidavits, and other documentation.
- Assist with preparation of Governance Committee agendas, charter amendments and reports to the Saltchuk Board and Board committees.
- Assist with M&A due diligence and other activities as appropriate.
- Coordinate with in-house counsel of the Saltchuk companies to compile information and prepare initial drafts of risk reports and audit disclosures.
- Assist in special projects. Compliance Program
- Support administration of hotline, including coordinating with business units to resolve matters within protocol timeline and other requirements.
- Assist with tracking, evaluation, and administration of Ethics & Compliance program evaluation scorecard.
- Assist with development and administration of training program for corporate home.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and administration of corporate policies (e.g., maintain repository of current policies and assist with researching and benchmarking policy best practices). Risk Management
- Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with tracking and administration of the Enterprise Risk Management program's risk assessments (Saltchuk and Business Units) and associated mitigation measures.
- Coordinate with Risk Management and in-house counsel to assist with compiling and tracking uninsured legal and compliance risks.
- Assist in special projects (such as planning and coordination of risk manager best practice sharing meetings). Government Affairs
- Prepare initial drafts of Lobbying Disclosure Act compliance reports and assist with filings.
- Assist with monitoring of federal and state legislative and regulatory activities that may impact Saltchuk companies. Legal & Compliance Support
- Assist with preparation of agendas, minutes, and related materials for legal and compliance meetings.
- Take notes at in-house counsel and other meetings and prepare initial drafts of minutes.
- Assist with management of legal and compliance resources, including intranet portal site, online research subscriptions, and similar tools and technology.
- Assist with preparation of reports and administration of vendor invoices through Legal Tracker e-billing system.
- Assist with preparation and formatting of presentations, reports, and other documents.
- Assist with development and administration of legal form agreement database.
- Assist with corporate records management and administration (e.g., maintain repository of current contracts and assist with tracking renewals and other contractual requirements). QUALIFICATIONS Experience and Skills
- 5+ years in a similar role desired.
- Experience working in legal, compliance, contract admin or related helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills required.
- A team player who is committed to the success of the organization.
- Previous experience working in a team oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks, prioritize, and provide a high quality work product with excellent attention to detail under tight deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office. Experience with SharePoint is a plus.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and respect confidentiality of sensitive matters. Education
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Qualified applicants should respond by sending their resume and cover letter to: Riley Toher, Human Resources Assistant, Saltchuk - 1111 Fairview Ave North - Seattle, WA 98109 Saltchuk is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. Please see Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.seattlerecruiter.com/legal-jobs/434564793/legal-coordinator-paralegal!