There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we re all about at John Deere. And it s why we re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world s brightest minds are tackling the world s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engine Systems Design Engineer - 31194
As an Engine Systems Design Engineer, for John Deere's Construction & Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will participate in the development, design, and implementation of engine auxiliary systems for all future product skid steer loader and compact track loader programs. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with suppliers, manufacturing, supply management, test, and quality.
- Participate in the development and design of engine auxiliary components starting from early concept (fuel tank, engine mounts, front drive systems, exhaust systems, etc).
- Collaborate with designers and work with the test group to develop a product test plan.
- Launch new components/products into serial production.
- Support current production improvement efforts as necessary.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Engineering experience obtained through educational projects, relevant internships or practical work experience.
- Project management & task assignment skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to be self-directed and motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with leadership potential.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Knowledge or experience with construction equipment.
- Engine auxiliary design or testing experience.
- Work experience in a product development role.
- Factory/Assembly experience.
- Experience using Creo/Pro-E or other 3D modeling software.
- Completed (or in process) Master's degree in Engineering.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelors of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: assembly, boiler, cae, bsme, mechanical engineer, mechanism, motor, msme, solidworks, turbine
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.dubuquerecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/434407321/engine-systems-design-engineer!