Banner Academy is a private Day school for students who are emotionally fragile, learning disabled, and high functioning on the autism spectrum. We have students in grades 4 through 12 in the school. We operate five classrooms in the school. Each classroom has two teachers, team teaching and a maximum of 12 students. This environment is a structured, individualized, yet nurturing, and therapeutic school environment that focuses on academics as well as teaching social skills and life skills. Teachers are encouraged to be creative with the curriculum within the parameters of the state standards. Our school is seeking individuals willing to bring new and innovative ideas to meet the needs of our students and to become a collaborative member of a committed and dynamic teaching team. Currently, we are most in need of special education teacher with a strength in math or a desire to become endorsed or certified in math.
About Banner Behavioral Health Hospital
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. The many locations, career opportunities and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position provides academic instruction to patients K-12 in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines.
- Provides academic instruction to students in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines. Performs academic and needs assessments as necessary. Ensures students progress in relation to goal objectives.
- Responsible for the education of students. Develops lesson plans and curriculum unless provided by the school to ensure educational needs are being met. Provides specialized instructional techniques/activities through individual sessions designed to meet the educational needs of children, including use of online resources and computer software. Orders appropriate educational material based on needs.
- Manages education plans and provides ongoing support. Properly communicates and provides feedback. Maintains/prepares grading, progress reports, individualized education program (IEP), transcripts, and educational summaries. Records and gathers data for program requirements.
- Assists - with coordination of school re-entry visits as needed. Provides parents with home strategies as appropriate to the child.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized learning environment, whether at childs bedside or classroom setting.
- May provide instruction in non-academic areas and transportation services to students.
Bachelors degree in education or related field and necessary certification from the respective State Board of Education.Teachers in the Behavioral setting are required to possess certification as required by state to teach emotionally disabled students. Internship in secondary or special education as required by state and/or has the necessary college hours according to the accreditation association. Must be certified by the state to teach a content area at middle and high school levels.
Must be certified by the state to teach a content area at middle and high school levels.
Requires knowledge typically achieved with 1 2 years of experience in related setting. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative thinking, prioritizing and flexible problem solving. Requires ability to apply learning principles. May be required to possess a valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the companys auto insurance policy
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.phoenixrecruiter.com/other-jobs/425942769/special-education-teacher-banner-academy!