St. Mary's Health System, IN
Additional Job Information
Title: Extern III, Student
City, State: Evansville, IN
Location: St.Vincent Evansville
Department: Nurse Education 002
Additional Job Details: PRN Days
Marketing Statement St.Vincent Evansville has an established reputation and tradition in the State of Indiana for providing excellence in patient care through our Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. Throughout St.Vincent, the ageless mission of St. Vincent de Paul remains unchanged: to minister to the bodies, minds, and spirits of those in need by keeping healthcare human. As one of the largest healthcare systems in the State of Indiana, our state-of-the-art technology, extraordinary associates, and Spirit of Caring can be found in healthcare ministries serving over half of Indiana's counties. St.Vincent Evansville is a member of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System.
The Extern III, Student, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) preceptor, provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses.
- Documents and reports observations to preceptor or other appropriate staff.
- Assists preceptor with development of care plan by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider required within 90 days of hire/transfer into position.
- Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma or the equivalent and enrolled in an accredited nursing program OR a recent graduate who has not yet taken the NCLEX
- Minimum Qualification: Entering into the final (senior) year in an accredited nursing program and in good standing.
How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent Evansville. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our team! To apply for a position online, click the \"Apply Now\" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-###-####. The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent Evansville is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St.Vincent Evansville, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Associated topics: asn, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, intensive care, registed, tcu, unit
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.evansvillerecruiter.com/other-jobs/425691619/student-extern-iii-stvincent-evansville-prn-days!