St. Mary's Health System, IN
Additional Job Information
Title: Student Extern II
City, State: Evansville,IN
Location: St.Vincent Evansville
Department: Staffing Services 003
Additional Job Details: PRN Rotating, 0 Hours Bi-Weekly
Marketing Statement St.Vincent has an established reputation and tradition in the State of Indiana for providing excellence in patient care through our Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. Throughout St.Vincent, the ageless mission of St. Vincent de Paul remains unchanged: to minister to the bodies, minds, and spirits of those in need by keeping healthcare human. As one of the largest healthcare systems in the State of Indiana, our state-of-the-art technology, extraordinary associates, and Spirit of Caring can be found in healthcare ministries serving over half of Indiana's counties. St.Vincent is a member of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System.
The Student Extern II under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) preceptor, provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses. Documents and reports observations to preceptor or other appropriate staff.
- Assists preceptor with development of care plan by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
- Minimum Qualification: Certified Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma or the equivalent and actively enrolled in an Accredited School of Nursing by start date to position.
- Minimum Qualification: accepted into an Accredited School of Nursing and in good standing. Must have completed a semester of school curriculum which includes introduction to clinical skills and initial rotation to a hospital clinical site.
How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent s. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our team! To apply for a position online, click the \"Apply Now\" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-###-####. The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, domiciliary, hospice, mhb, psychatric, registed, registered nurse, transitional, unit
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.evansvillerecruiter.com/other-jobs/425426457/student-extern-ii-stvincent-evansville-prn-rotating!