Saint Thomas, TN
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Educator
City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: Saint Thomas Midtown West Bldg
Department: Employee Education
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The RN - Educator assesses, plans, implements and evaluates educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
- Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serves as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals. Utilizes principles of adult education throughout all learning activities.
- May serve as an educator for unit-based, hospital-wide and/or community education programs. All other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs. Participates in and initiates research activities as applicable.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition \"Compact State\" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Master's degree in education, nursing or public health preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience preferred.
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension candidate care at 1-855-###-#### between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, infusion, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, transitional
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.nashvillerecruiter.com/other-jobs/425426439/rn-educator-saint-thomas-midtown-west-bldg-ft-days!