Location: Elkhart, IN More information about this job Overview
Environmental Technicians are first-line responders that are cross-trained to provide countless services to various industries. These services can include but are not limited to emergency response, remediation and high voltage services. Team members are expected to be available to respond to time-critical incidents, chemical releases, natural disasters, derailments and transloading activities, soil excavations and waterway responses among other activities.
The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. He or she must have the ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions and be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency. Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays, be available to respond on short notice and have a willingness to travel out of town for overnight projects. Responsibilities
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities
- Perform site activities as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with Sunpro Standard Operating Guidelines
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters
- Assist in the set up and tear down of job site
- Other duties as assigned
- 40-hr Hazwoper certification preferred
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces
- Must be willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification
- Must have valid driver s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor in extreme conditions such as heat, cold, dusty, wet, and noisy conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing a minimum of 50 pounds and manipulate a 55- gallon drum
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and tight quarters
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Associated topics: digital design, electrical control, electrical engineering, electrical verification, electronic assembler, ic performance, new product engineering, semiconductor, silicon, wafer
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.elkhartrecruiter.com/construction-jobs/425426297/field-technician-laborers!