This position is part of the Applications Engineering team that is focused on supporting audio amplifiers for mobile customers. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for Cirrus' growing audio business and ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products.
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware and RTL modules for customer reference and demonstration
- Execute customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation audio product definition
- Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Validation engineers to understand and define design requirements and customer use cases.
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2 weeks per year, domestically and abroad
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE and a minimum of 5 years of experience or MSEE and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S or high speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with analyzing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analyzers.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.austinrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/411074365/audio-amplifier-applications-engineer!