Severn Trent Services
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing property assets.
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment. Conducts routine equipment maintenance tests.
- Orders and replaces doggie pots, liners and supplies related to each project.
- Assists with concrete sidewalk replacements and repairs. Assists with irrigation sleeving for new and existing projects. Assists with storm drain cleaning. Assists with asphalt repairs.
- Conducts pressure washes to boardwalks, signs, rails, light poles, benches, trash cans, etc.
- Installs and repairs signs. Paints signs and curbs, etc.
- Assists other employees as needed.
- Maintains files and records of work orders and task completion.
- Cleans shop area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to work all shifts, including: weekends, holidays, evening and 24-hour emergency on call.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education/Experience : High School Diploma or GED.
Licenses/Certifications : Valid Driver's License (Class B CDL preferred). Other licenses may vary according to specific site and assignments .
Technical : Ability to follow manual & operating instructions. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Working knowledge of automotive mechanics, electrical circuits, wiring electronics & hydraulics and relevant hand tools.
Technical : Ability to follow manual & operating instructions. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Basic knowledge of water/wastewater operations.
Communication : Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Willing to help others. Maintains composure in challenging situations.
Problem Solving & Quality : Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves problems. Escalates issues accordingly. Checks work for quality.
Managing For Results : Works well with supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks.
Leadership & Initiative : Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.houstonrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/411074355/maintenance-technician-i-ms-tech-1!