CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
API Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing API solutions and strategy, and the API adoption process within the organization.
Candidate must be able to lead and guide a team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions. Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management. Candidate for this position must be able of playing different roles within the team, from lead architect to high-skilled developer and technical team leader to consultant and technical evangelist.
This is a client-facing role: the candidate must have a sound understanding of API and technology architecture but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities: requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Oauth, JWT, OpenId)
- Knowledge regarding APIs applied to business: API Economy, Monetization / Billing, Industry use cases
- Proven track record of acting as SME for API projects
- Knowledge and experience designing and implementing API Governance Presence in the open source community
- 5+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer in the following domains:
- Web Services, REST, JPA Technologies.
- Database (MongoDB/Cassandra/Neo4J)
- Search Engine Apache Solr and Elastic Search
- Spring Projects Data, REST, Cloud Netflix, QueryDSL
- PaaS Cloud Foundry, Docker
- API Platforms CA Layer 7 (Preferred), APIGee or WS02
- Event-Sourcing and CQRS Technologies
- CI/CD tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Math Background
- Full-Stack Engineering vision: ability to leverage breadth of experience and knowledge to architect and design solutions
- Leadership experience in architecting, developing and deploying enterprise class solutions in customer facing environments
- Excellent communications skills - ability to engage in deep technical discussions with customers and peers and become a trusted technical advisor
- Problem-solving orientation. Thinker and doer attitude. Just make it work!
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 124826
Please Note: The following posting is for a Project-Based position with a defined start and end date (limited term). Depending on the project, the term of employment will be between 3 and 24 months. The employment end date will be tied to the project end date (although there is no guarantee of continued employment at any point).
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.denverrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/411074133/sr-lead-api-engineer!