The Quality Assurance Engineer provides technical expertise in quality systems which can be used to improve product quality, reduce Quality losses, and reduce defects within a manufacturing, storage, and distribution operation. Will administer, evaluate, maintain, modify and improve quality methods, processes, and programs that support products manufactured and distributed by Sun Products - Henkel organization.
- Leads the development and implementation of Quality programs which deliver a step change improvement to results. Includes analysis, reporting, and problem solving.
- Leads process optimization to improve product quality and reduce cost - ultimately translating to lower rates of defects, consumer complaints, and cost (TDC).
- Leads improvement to process yields and reduction in material over usage at the plant site.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for materials, and transformation processes within the plant.
- Collaborates with engineering, R&D, and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Liaisons with R&D and Engineering resources for change control, projects, trials, and other improvements.
- Leads investigations to understand root cause of quality failures and ensure corrective measures are documented and effectively implemented.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification, then develops and leads corrective action plans.
- Four-year college degree in a technical field such as science or engineering.
- 8 + years QA with 3+ years Process Development experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience in liquid or making and packaging or food industry
- Experience using SAP and Red Prairie Warehouse Management System software
- Experience with the performance of quality systems audits. ASQ Certified Quality Auditor and/or ISO Lead Auditor Certification preferred
- Experience in training, coaching , and mentoring (both 1:1 and in groups)
- Certification in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies is a plus.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.bowlinggreenrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/411074067/quality-assurance-engineer!