St. John Health System
Title: Diabetes Center Educator
City, State: Tulsa, OK
Location: St. John Medical Center
Department: Diabetes Center
Additional Job Details: FT Days Job Description
The Diabetes Center Educator assesses, plans, implements and evaluates educational activities for diabetes patients, related staff and community groups.
- Provides diabetes self-management education and training to diabetic patients and their family members utilizing curriculum approved by the American Diabetes Association.
- Works collaboratively with multi-disciplinary diabetes care team to implement plan of care.
- Reinforces diabetes education and instruction to staff nurses and support staff.
- Develops and distributes educational materials to community.
- Responsibilities may very over time. Required to perform other duties as required for the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and job role.
- Registered Dietitians would also coordinate with designated staff to effectively integrate medical nutrition therapy.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist credentialed from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Pharmacist
- Physical Therapist.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with valid Oklahoma license.
- Licensed Social Worker
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Diabetes Management credentialed from the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE).
- Educational degree as required by discipline to obtain registration and licensure in the state of Oklahoma
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience preferred. Clinical teaching experience, insulin pump experience, or continuous glucose monitoring experience preferred. Certified Diabetes Educator preferred.
You may also apply at one of our Employment Kiosks. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Ascension Candidate Care at 1-855-###-####. Equal Employment OpportunitySt. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: addict, cardiology, dietician, gastroenterology, hepatology, nutrition, physician, psychology, pulmonary, rheumatologist
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.tulsarecruiter.com/other-jobs/411073769/diabetes-center-educator-diabetes-center-full-time-days-st-john-!