Additional Job Information
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
City, State: Southfield,MI
Location: Providence Hospital - BU 34014
Department: Medical 5E
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Night, 36 hours,Weekly
5 East - 23 bed Neuro medical and Trauma unit with acuity adaptable step-down telemetry patients.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required or must be obtained prior to hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Associate's Degree required within 4 months from hire/transfer date Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- One year of relevant experience preferred.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/southfield.michigan-jobs/3290055319!