Embedded systems firmware specialist to assist with large re-architecting and porting project.
Creates system level design documents Writes well-structured and well-commented source code capable of being sustained long-term by other developers. Designs documentation to company coding standard. Analyzes, re-structures and ports existing source code base to new code base.
- BS in Computer Science is required
- Ten (10) years minimum recent experience in structured programming under C language is required
- Five (5) years minimum recent experience with RTOS for Embedded products is required
- Experience with Mentor Nucleus RTOS is a plus
- Experience with Metrowerks CodeWarrior is a plus
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers is a plus
- Experience with Embedded systems for the industrial automation market is a plus
- Proficiency in low-level languages (eg Assembler, ladder-logic, Machine-code) is a plus
- Understanding of microprocessors and associated architectures (Address/Data buses, Memory addressing and management, peripheral connections, programming instruction sets) is required
- Proficiency with Windows O/S environment is required
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of peripheral interfaces including:
- Serial communication hardware including RS232/485, USB, Ethernet, etc
- Serial interface Protocols including industrial standards such as MODBus, TCP, UDP, etc
- OSI basic reference model (ISO/IEC 7498-1), 7-layer stack
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/cumming.georgia-jobs/3289676709!