Baker College Professional Services, Inc
POSITION: IT Specialist (Full-Time)
LOCATION: Baker College Professional Services, Inc. (Location: Baker of Clinton Township and Port Huron)
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of IT SPECIALIST (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of Baker College Professional Services, Inc. and to be located at Baker of Clinton Township and Port Huron.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The primary responsibility of the IT Specialist is to provide quality technical support for Information Technology resources.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in Information Technology related field required
- Experience in MCP, A+, Net+, and/or ACMT preferred
- Computer equipment and software knowledge must meet items listed under Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in premise wiring, including rack and termination points
- Experience in hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, including wireless
- Experience in installing and supporting desktop, tablet/mobile operating systems, and software applications
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Install and Maintain:
- Application Servers; multimedia equipment; network Switches; wireless access points; digital signage; workstations and mobile devices; printers and MFPs; other endpoint devices; and software applications.
- Maintain an accurate list of campus software installations; install and troubleshoot various operating systems; build and maintain software images for campus workstations; monitor and troubleshoot potential virus problems; work with students, faculty, staff, and other IT members on hardware and software issues; monitor the Trouble Ticket System and resolve issues in accordance with the SLA; maintain user and computer accounts on application Servers; perform moves, adds, and changes on the phone system, as well as network Switches; ensure antivirus, operating system, and application updates are being administered properly; monitor and manage desktop security settings; investigate and research new technology and products; create and maintain documentation, policies, and procedures.
Some travel between campuses may be required
Other duties as assigned
40 hours per week/52 weeks per year, hours will generally be M-TH 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., FRI 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. During college breaks schedule would be M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Salary based on education, experience, and existing wage rates paid for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc. Full benefit package.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by August 14, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-PS (CT/PH)
Human Resource Department
E-mail: (see below)
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/clintontownship.michigan-jobs/3289676679!