The Payroll Manager manages all payroll administrative procedures and employee payroll to ensure Cleveland Metroparks records are accurate and comply with established Jaws, policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Payroll Manager is an informational resource to managerial and employee inquiries related to payroll policies and procedures, and administers payroll system, ensuring data integrity.
- Effectively supervises assigned employees, including the following:
- Interviews, selects and trains employees;
- Coaches employees in proper job performance techniques and procedures;
- Directs work of employees and sets/adjusts hours of work;
- Maintains records on employee productivity and appraises employees' productivity and efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status:
- Handles employee complaints and disciplines employees when necessary;
- Apportions work among different employees;
- Monitors or implements legal compliance measures;
- Determines the type of materials, supplies, or tools to be used by employees and controls the flow and distribution of materials and supplies; and
- Provides for the safety of employees and the property of Cleveland Metroparks.
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Manages payroll information to assure accurate and timely payroll functions: Administers accurate tax calculations, employee deductions and deposits; processes pay, and makes changes to employees pay files; assists supervisors and employees in resolving payroll issues and discrepancies; and processes necessary adjustments.
- Administers Paid Time Off calculations including (sick, vacation, compensatory, personal/holiday) for employees: Runs reports on sick, vacation, personal, compensatory time, checks calculations, and makes adjustments.
- Develops implements and maintains payroll policies and procedures: Ensures that the policies are compliant with local, state and federal mandates and according to Cleveland Metroparks management and Board policies and procedures.
- Reports and resolves benefits issues after consulting with the Director of Human Resources: processes and addresses benefit administration issues; functions as the liaison of the retirement system (OPERS) answers inquiries and process payments.
- Functions as the Resource Officer on issues regarding contract pay administration: Administers the financial aspects of six (6) union contracts with Human Resource and Finance Office guidance.
- Actively participates in and leads payroll related training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field required; supplemented by five years of experience in Payroll Administration/Management to include supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and a valid driver's license under the laws of the State of Ohio.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Management skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency in software programs including all Microsoft Office programs with excellent Excel skills.
- Experience with ADP software preferred.
- Professional attitude and considerable discretion, including ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/cleveland.ohio-jobs/3289676641!