CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Sr. Global Sales Lead - Large Deal Pursuits
Enterprise Solutions: Strategic Pursuits
We are looking for a qualified senior sales leader to assist our clients in transforming their business and IT operations to support their strategic, business and digital transformation initiatives. The Sr. Global Sales Lead for Enterprise Solutions, leads very large , complex and strategic sales engagements across the CenturyLink (CTL) growing and expanding solutions portfolio, supporting all markets and channels. In this role you will work with customers, external and internal, to position and sell the technical and business benefits of the Platform Centurylink within the framework of our customer's business requirements.
You will be an important ally to every organization who wants to invest in change and improvement, through digital transformation and needs help as to where and how to accomplish. You will lead Centurylink's internal teams and resources in undertaking IT, Analytic and Networking projects on behalf of the client's business when they lack the resources or capability to perform them in-house.
The ideal candidate for this position is a leader that has a strong technical background, has had experience or is very comfortable in a business development role and has a broad knowledge of the many facets of business, technical and market forces. The ideal candidate will also possess great problem-solving skills and the vision to provide recommendations and solutions that will increase both customer and company profitability and efficiency.
This role would be a technical and industry subject matter expert that would be responsible for the integrity of IT & Network Outsource (ITO) solutions presented to our customers.
- Organize, design and execute business projects on behalf of clients (IAAS, Hybrid IT, Cloud, Network Infrastructure, Security, Managed & Analytic Services, etc)
- Meet with clients as needed and perform an initial assessment, problem identification
- Collect information about the client's business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, design workshops, reports etc)
- Analyze and interpret data to unearth weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client's wishes, capabilities and limitations forming solutions and execution plan
- Develop and execute detailed business plans to drive required changes
- Evangelize CTL technical IT and compute capabilities internally and with our customer base
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and quickly gain respect among subject matter experts within the company and with our partners
- Become a "trusted advisor" to our customers, partners and our direct and channel sales teams
- Proven experience in business development, IT Outsourcing, and/ or Business consultancy or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience working in IT organization and in a technical pre-sales role
- Knowledge of diverse business and technical matters in IT, Marketing, Finance and Operations
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong financial, business and technical acumen
- Working knowledge/familiarity with a wide selection of business management software (CRM, ERP ), database applications, Big Data/analytics and security solutions
- Strong working knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DRaaS, Cloud, Hybrid IT, Multi Cloud Management (MCM) ,Managed Solutions & Advanced Network Services
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Aptitude in creative problem-solving, a critical thinker and results oriented
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field; MS/MA in Computer Science
- Energetic with integrity, and a strong work ethic
Alternate Location: US-California-Fresno; US-California-Irvine; US-California-Los Angeles; US-California-San Jose; US-California-Santa Clara; US-California-Sunnyvale; US-California-Walnut Creek; US-District of Columbia-Washington; US-Florida-Coral Springs; US-Florida-Jacksonville; US-Georgia-Alpharetta; US-Georgia-Atlanta; US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-North Carolina-Charlotte; US-North Carolina-Raleigh; US-Oregon-Portland; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 132034
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/alpharetta.georgia-jobs/3289676269!