Posted Under: Hyattsville, Maryland jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 20789
Posted On: 2017-07-16
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman. Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline and zero (0) to ten (10) years of experience developing Software
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of software using C/C and/or Java in a Unix/Linux environment
- Security Required
- Minimum of a Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with application development for Apple OSX platform.
- Experience with Solaris 10 operating system.
- Experience with web applications and document management systems.
- Working knowledge of open-source software distributions and the open-source community.
- Spring, JUnit, Web Applications & Web Services
- Experience with Rational ClearCase source code management and ClearQuest defect tracking systems
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/hyattsville.maryland-jobs/3264693301!