Catholic Health Initiatives
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including\: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Fulfills duties of assigned Registered Nurse Job Description for designated work area.
- Leads a designated nursing area (part of a unit, entire unit, or entire facility). Oversees quality of patient care to assure delivery of individualized nursing care. Makes timely recommendations for improvement/revisions.
- Oversees patient care delivery to maximize patient/family satisfaction and minimize risk of injury or negative outcomes to patients or employees. Directs staff during emergency situations. Acts as an advocate for patients and family members. Acts as a resource for staff.
- Assures timely, accurate, and complete assessment, intervention, and documentation in the medical record and care plan. Utilizes computerized assessments and care planning tools. Intervenes in level of care changes.
- Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, so must be licensed in the state of your residence.