Catholic Health Initiatives
Posted Under: Lincoln, Nebraska jobs in ; jobs in zipcode 68501
Posted On: 2017-05-19
1. Utilizes the nursing process to assess and prioritize patient needs.
2. Formulates, implements and evaluates the patient's plan of care. Adjusts plan of care in consultation with the RN Team Coordinator as appropriate and implements plan.
3. Uses basic communication skills to provide care to assigned patients/families. Relays pertinent information through appropriate documentation and referral to other health care team members such as medicine, dietary and support staff. Initiates discharge planning working in collaboration with the Case Manager as appropriate.
4. Initiates appropriate nursing action in crisis or emergency situations.
5. Carries out physician orders.
6. Provides continuity of care to meet the patient's changing needs.
7. Records information on the patient record in accordance with charting guidelines.
8. Utilizes time management principles and techniques.
9. Recognizes changes in patient status based on interpretation of assessments.
10. Recognizes examples of use of evidence/research based practice-at performance appraisal presents journal article supporting a specific approach to a nursing care problem.
1. Uses interdisciplinary resources to implement plans of care to promote patient self-care.
2. Adapts nursing interventions to promote desired outcomes.
3. Integrates experience and interdisciplinary expertise to establish therapeutic relationships.
4. Evaluates outcomes of plans of care with individual/family.
5. Recognizes examples of use of evidence/research based practice and shares information from nursing journals during staff meetings, practice councils and/or care conferences.
1. Uses innovative methods and intuitive skills to implement plans of care which promote self-care for individual/family/group.
2. Continues to integrate experience and interdisciplinary expertise to establish therapeutic relationships.
3. Evaluates outcomes of interdisciplinary plans of care with individual/family groups.
4. Participates in review/revision of policies and procedures incorporating information from current nursing literature/research, or participates in an EBP quality improvement process evaluating patient care outcomes or serves as a member of a research study team.
1. Uses interdisciplinary resources to promote self-care in the plans of care for individual/family/group with complex and unpredictable needs.
2. Continues to integrate knowledge, skills and experience to establish therapeutic relationships.
3. Develops innovative methods to implement plans of care.
4. Serves as mentor in the establishment of therapeutic relationships with individual/family/group.
5. Develops innovative evaluation methods to measure outcomes for plans of care.
6. Participates in development of new policies and procedures incorporating information from current nursing literature/research, or introduces practice change or introduces program development, or participates in quality improvement initiatives to evaluate patient care outcomes or serves in a leadership role for a research study. Is a proponent for changes in clinical practice based on evidence from the literature/research.
1. Works with CNS/Nurse Educator to assure comprehensive focus on patient care.
2. Engages in peer practice with health professionals for coordination/collaboration of the total care dynamic.
3. Assists/guides staff in providing quality nursing care.
4. Provides expert care to patients.
5. Nursing practice is patient centered, evidence-based, and outcome oriented.
6. Provide leadership for integrating evidence-based practice into clinical practice.
7. Fosters an EBP organizational culture, infrastructure and teamwork.
8. Participates in nursing research, utilization of research and mentors others in utilization of evidence to shape practice.
1. A graduate of an accredited school of nursing (AD, Diploma, Baccalaureate).
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of date of hire.
1. A valid Registered Nurse license is required.
2. Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/lincoln.nebraska-jobs/3196296009!