Catholic Health Initiatives
- Assesses patient status with patient/family input and identifies age-appropriate patient care needs/problems that includes bio-physical, psycho-social, spiritual, environment, self-care, and educational needs and will serve to focus the provision of nursing care at admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Plans individualized age appropriate evidence-based patient care through a interdisciplinary team approach and through interdisciplinary patient care conference, ongoing patient assessments, re-evaluation of patient problems or needs.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgement in prescribing, delegating and coordinating the plan of care; includes appropriate resources to manage patient care path/CareMaps/variances. Administers medications and treatments according to nursing policy.
- Guides and directs professional and nonprofessional personnel in the delivery of patient care, evaluates patient care effectiveness, modifies the plan of care according to age appropriate patient nursing policy. Utilizes care paths/CareMaps to develop and modify the patient's plan of care. Monitors variances and takes action on these variances.
- Provides the following nursing services\: a. Independent; b. Inter-dependent; c. Delegated.
- Identifies patient/significant other learning needs and initiates and provides for age appropriate education.
- Responds to patient calls, anticipates individual patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations. Demonstrates effective management of rapidly changing situations.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/omaha.nebraska-jobs/3196295965!