The commercial glazing assistant position will be centered on our growing commercial project portfolio, working closely with team members on large scale development projects. Portland Glass is looking for an employee that is willing to learn the glass trade and grow into an experienced, responsible and skillful glazier. Flexibility to travel throughout northern New England during the 5-day work week is a must.
Areas of Accountability
- Assists with the installation of residential and commercial projects to meet installation specifications and project timelines.
- Willing to learn and demonstrate a high degree of skill in commercial glazing projects
- Prepared to learn the overall glass trade and build a career with experienced glaziers
- Completes jobs within the scheduled times as directed by site foreman
- Demonstrates flexibility with regard to job requests and work schedule
- Must be willing to work on the road with a mentor/educator
- Exhibits enthusiasm and a commitment to teamwork
- Follows company safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protection equipment
- Demonstrates safe driving practices
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with state and federal safety regulations
- Maintains enthusiasm and friendly nature while interacting with customers, vendors and coworkers
- Maintains a clean work space
- Exhibits a professional image in the areas of personal cleanliness, grooming and company dress standards
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience is preferred, but not necessary
- Evidence of ability to work well with others
- Safety certifications are preferred, but not necessary at time of hire (lift certification, OSHA 10, Fall protection).
- Must possess a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a commitment to satisfy all customer needs
- Must have an open mind and willing to learn from experienced team members
- Must be a team player
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have a clean background and driving record.
We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, ltd and a 401k plan; other voluntary benefits are available.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an al- inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
*Portland Glass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/bowdoinham.maine-jobs/3196295323!