Request Technology - Stephanie Baker
Prestigious Financial Services Organization is seeking a Senior JAVA Architect. This position is responsible for the architecture and technical design of complex software applications. Working with Product Development, partners, vendors and engineers, under the direction of management, the Software Architect plays a critical role in designing new applications.
This position is also responsible for understanding the architecture of existing systems and applying that knowledge to support, maintain, enhance and migrate Legacy systems to new platforms.
The Software Architect is responsible for mentoring and checking the work of other designers and acts as a high-level expert in the architecture and design of highly complex systems. The architect also has full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of the business application of systems for processing consumer credit transactions.
How You'll Contribute:
- Develops the high level architecture and detail design for complex applications.
- Ensures that all architectural designs are based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Reviews business requirements for technical feasibility and logical defects.
- Translates business requirements into technical design documents.
- Reviews the work of other designers for simplicity, maintainability, and completeness.
- Assists engineering and operation teams in debugging critical production problems.
- Ensures all appropriate artifacts are created for architecture and design work.
- Identifies and communicates cross-functional or 3rd party issues to manager or appropriate authority for action. Follows through on all design issues to successful resolution.
- 8 plus years of software engineering experience.
- 4 plus years of application design experience.
- Experience in web application development using JPA, XML, SQL, Web Services.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems, eg Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- Strong Knowledge of J2EE technologies and OO design patterns.
- Proficient in creating UML and BPMN modelling language diagrams.
- Experience with Linux and WebLogic or similar application Servers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience as software development team leader.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.localjobboard.com/sanluisobispo.california-jobs/3077332621!